Hire rates quoted include:
• VAT (20%)
• Unlimited miles
• UK standard vehicle insurance
• EUROPEAN Standard equipment & breakdown
Insurance loading. In some cases, Bognor Motors Leasing Limited (known here after as Bognor Motors) will incur additional charges if the driver to be insured has traffic convictions, is using a non-UK driving license or is in an occupation which is deemed high risk. These charges will be passed onto the customer.
Bognor Motors will supply full breakdown cover to cover any mechanical faults to the base chassis of the camper. Any call out charges necessitated by the client through operator error, e.g. a flat vehicle battery, wrong or insufficient fuel, keys locked in camper van etc will be the responsibility of the client
Standard excess. The hire rate quoted includes a standard excess of £1000.00. In the event of any damage to either the vehicle or third party property, the hirer will be liable for the first £1000.00. The cover does not include and therefore the hirer will also be fully liable for replacement or repair of windows, tyre damage and loss of keys or any damage caused by negligence
3. Collision Damage Waiver (CDW)
CDW at £10.00 per day will reduce the excess for any damage caused in a collision to either the vehicle or third party property to £150.00. The CDW does not cover the replacement or repair to windows, tyre damage, loss of keys or any damage caused due to negligence. Applies in respect of each claim, not Rental.
Please note that the CDW Insurance is completely optional and can be decided upon collection of your vehicle. After the hire has commenced, CDW insurance cannot be taken out.
4. Overhead Damage
All drivers must be aware of the height of the camper van and are responsible for all damage if driven under an obstruction that is too low for it to clear - the obvious examples are height restrictions into car parks etc. In this event neither the Basic Insurance nor Collision Damage Waiver Insurance will apply and the hirer will be responsible for the repair of all damages.
5. Security Deposit
A credit card is required for £1000 when you collect the camper. This is fully refundable when the camper is returned un-damaged, to the agreed location, on the agreed date and time, in the same condition as it was let out in with the interior clean including all cooking appliances and the fuel tank full of the same amount of fuel. The security deposit will also be required to fund any loss or damage to equipment, fixtures and fittings, windows, tyres, loss of keys or negligent damage to the vehicle. Should these damages exceed £1000 the customer will be liable for the total cost and the difference will need to be settled within seven days of returning the camper van.
6. European Travel
There is a one off charge of £ 30.00 and additional charge from £15.00 per day for European travel to cover European Insurance and European roadside assistance. European insurance is mandatory and you will be in breach of these terms and conditions should you take a camper into Europe without taking out the additional European cover insurance. Countries belonging to the European Union and supplementary countries can be covered. Please state countries travelling to and through at the time of booking. Travel outside of the countries stated at the time of booking will be in breach of these terms and conditions. Please check your route carefully and ensure it doesn't go outside these countries.
8. Extra costs
· Additional driver with a UK licence (UK and EU travel): £ 5.00 per person per day, clean driving licence
For the following, additional costs, deposit and/or higher excess may apply:
· Points on licence
Non UK driver’s licence
9. Minimum Hire
This ranges from 3 to 7 days depending on the season. Christmas and New Year minimum 7 days hire. Please check with Bognor Motors at the time of booking.
· Age limits: 25 to 70 years.
Drivers must have held a valid licence for 5 years
· All drivers must be present at checkout of the camper van.
· Production of a valid standard driver's licence, Photo card and paper counterpart as well as a passport and utilities bill are required from all drivers at the start of hire.
· Drivers are personally liable for all legal penalties (e.g.: parking tickets, congestion charges, speeding fines) which are incurred during the period of hire.
· Maximum of 3 drivers per rental.
Bognor Motors Leasing Limited, 3 Christie Place, Bognor Regis, West Sussex, PO22 9RT
12. Collection and return times
Collection is any time after 8am and return must be before 4pm on the day of return.
13. One ways not permitted
14. Payment methods:
Credit card and Debit card
Cheque (made payable to Bognor Motors Leasing Limited) must be cleared funds before rental commences
Bank transfer (details provided upon request)
15. Credit Cards
We do not accept American Express or Diners.
16. Cancellation charges
· More than 1 month before: Booking Deposit
· Less than 1 month before: total hire charge
· Curtailment or No Show: total hire charge
17. Administration Charges
Should Bognor Motors receive penalty charge notices for speeding, parking fines or congestion charges then an administration fee of £25.00 will be added to the charge to cover all administration and postage costs.
18. Collection & Return
Collection: Please allow 1 hour for the hand-over at the depot - to complete the documentation and demonstrate your vehicle to you. Please allow the same on your return.
Return: The vehicle must be returned on the date, and before the time stated, on the rental agreement. Vehicles must be returned clean and in the same condition as they left the depot, otherwise a charge will be made.
Late return: If you will be late returning, Bognor Motors must be advised immediately. Failure to advise may result in prosecution for driving whilst uninsured. An additional charge of £15 per hour will be payable for all late returns.
1. 'I','me' and 'my' refers jointly and severally to the person or persons who are the customers. 'This Agreement' means the Rental Agreement, the Insurance Motor Rental Agreement and these Terms and Conditions. In the event of any discrepancy between these Terms and Conditions and any other Bognor Motors literature, the provisions of these Terms and Conditions apply
'Customer' means the person or persons nominated as the hirer under the heading 'Hire Details' on the Insurance Motor Rental Agreement and any person whose credit card is presented in payment of the customer's charges.
CD player, dinner set x 4, cooking utensils and welcome pack.
'Collision Damage Waiver' (CDW)
CDW at £ 10.00 per day will reduce the excess for damage due to a collision to either the vehicle or third party property to £ .The hirer will however be fully liable for replacement or repair to windows and windscreen, loss of keys, tyre damage or damage through negligence. Applies in respect of each claim, not Rental.
Should the Terms and Conditions not be adhered to, the CDW will be void and the customer will be liable in full for all damages.
Means the hire period referred to on the Rental Agreement or any agreed variation thereof and any additional period during which the vehicle is in the customer's possession or control.
Means the vehicle described on the Rental Agreement and includes tyres, tools, accessories, the living equipment and any other special equipment, documents related to the Vehicle and any replacement or substitute Vehicle which may be provided at the discretion of Bognor Motors
Means the security deposit of £1000 taken on Credit Card before departure. Should any damages exceed the security deposit the customer will be responsible to settle all additional costs over and above the security deposit value.
2. Delivery and Return of the Vehicle
(a) I acknowledge having received the Vehicle in a clean condition and in sound working order in accordance with the Departure Checklist and with a full fuel tank and gas bottle
(b) I will return the vehicle in a clean condition with a full fuel tank, on the return date and time set out under the Rental Agreement.
(c) I acknowledge that Bognor Motors will not refund to me any monies, nor have any obligation to provide a replacement vehicle, if the Vehicle is returned or I cease to have use of the Vehicle or an item of equipment on the vehicle prior to the return date for any reason e.g. Accident, weather, theft or damage.
3. Rental and Other Charges
I will pay Bognor Motors
(a) All rental charges
(b) The security deposit.
(c) The nominated cancellation fee in the event of cancellation of this agreement prior to acceptance of delivery of the vehicle;
(d) The cost of any damage to the Vehicle or the property of any third party, subject to the insurance or CDW cover;
(e) The Collision Damage Waiver fee, if applicable;
(f) All government fees and duties etc;
(g) All parking fines, other fines or penalties, and/or accidents including third party property damage not reported on return of the Vehicle; and associated administration costs incurred in relation to the Vehicle during the Rental Period;
(h) Any other fees or charges payable by me pursuant to this Agreement. This includes any costs incurred by Bognor Motors as a result of any breach by me of the terms of this Agreement
(i) The daily rental rate for the period the Vehicle is off fleet for accident repairs (demurrage)
(j) Any additional costs over and above the security deposit value should damages exceed the security deposit value.
(k) The cost to recover a Vehicle.
4. Errors in Rental Charges
Total charges as set out therein are not final. I will pay any shortfall in charges to Bognor Motors and I will receive a refund for any overcharge acknowledged by Bognor Motors.
5. Payment of Charges, Joint and Severall Liability
All charges and expenses payable by me under this Agreement are due on demand of Bognor Motors. If I do not pay all charges when due, I agree to pay a late charge of 1.5% per month on the outstanding balance and any collection costs incurred by Bognor Motors, including reasonable legal fees. When the Customer comprises of more than one person, each person is liable jointly and severally for all obligations of the customer pursuant to this Agreement.
6. Credit Card Payment
(a)Bognor Motors will accept payment by credit cards approved by Bognor Motors
(b) When payment is paid by credit card, I agree that;
1. Bognor Motors is irrevocably authorised to complete any documentation and to take any other action to recover from my credit card issuer all amounts due by me pursuant to this Agreement, including but not limited to, any amounts due in respect to damage to the Vehicle or to property of a third party and all other additional charges as they are incurred (including all parking and traffic infringement penalties, road toll fines, congestion charges, and associated administration costs);
2. I will not dispute my liability to Bognor Motors for any amount due under this agreement and I shall indemnify and keep indemnified Bognor Motors against any loss incurred (including legal costs) by reason of notifying my credit card issuer of such dispute.
3. Bognor Motors may process the credit card pre-authoristation; in the event that Bognor Motors elects to accept payment of the Security Deposit by holding an open security payment which will be cancelled at the completion of the Rental Period, I agree that Bognor Motors is entitled to recover payment from my credit card issuer pursuant to paragraph (1) in respect of any amounts due which were not known at the time of cancelling the open security payment.
c) I acknowledge that all transactions under this agreement are conducted in Pounds Sterling. Due to exchange rate fluctuations, there could be some variance between the amount initially debited against my credit card and the amount refunded within 7 days after the expiration of the rental period. I release Bognor Motors from any liability for such variation.
7. My Warranties: I warrant that all information supplied by me to Bognor Motors in connection with this agreement is true.
8. Vehicle Damage - Insurance Cover
I am aware that;
(a) The Vehicle is insured for damage to the Vehicle and the property of a third party; but does not include any personal insurance for the customer or their possessions.
(b) I will have to pay an excess for any damage. The insurance excess is £1000.00
(c) The excess may be reduced to £150.00 in most circumstances, by taking out a CDW (£10.00 per day) The CDW, if any, accepted by me, is set out on the Rental Agreement
(d) I will not have any insurance cover and I will be responsible for the total cost of any damage if I breach any of the terms of this Agreement
(e) In the case of winter hire, Bognor Motors will not be and cannot be held responsible in the event of any damage or inconveniences caused by freezing conditions. This is the responsibility of the hirer.
(f) I will be responsible for any damage caused through negligence and will not be covered by the insurance including CDW should I drive into, or reverse into any objects e.g. height restricted car parks, overhead signs, trees etc or cause any other damage through negligence.
9. Security Deposit
(a) On taking delivery of the Vehicle, I agree to pay the Security Deposit
(b) I irrevocably authorise Bognor Motors to deduct from the Security Deposit any amounts due by me to Bognor Motors arising out of this Agreement.
(c) The security deposit will be refunded within 7 working days of the vehicle being returned to the correct location, undamaged, with a clean interior with a full fuel tank. We reserve the right to retain a £50.00 soiling fee if the camper van is not returned with the interior in a clean condition.
(d) Should any damages exceed the security deposit the customer will be responsible to settle all additional costs over and above the security deposit value.
10. Road Restrictions
(a) All Vehicles may only be driven on sealed / bitumen roads.
(b) I acknowledge that Bognor Motors reserves the right at any time, at its sole discretion, to restrict vehicle movements in certain areas due to adverse road or weather conditions or any other reasonable cause.
11. Use of the Vehicle
I agree that during the rental period, I will not and will not allow the Vehicle to be;
(a) Driven otherwise than in a cautious, prudent and normal manner;
(b) Used in a manner which could cause damage
(c) Driven in a prohibited area or in an area other than the areas indicated by me to Bognor Motors
(d) Driven by a person under the influence of alcohol or drugs or with a blood alcohol level in excess of that permitted by law;
(e) Left with the ignition key in the vehicle while it is unoccupied
(f) Driven by persons :
(g) Under the age of 21 years and over the age of 70 or
(h) Who is not authorised by law to drive the Vehicle. Particulars of a proposed licensed driver of the Vehicle are set out under the heading 'Driver Details' in the Motor Rental Agreement.
(i) Damaged by : Submersion in water, Used for any illegal purpose for any race, rally or contest, Used to tow any vehicle or trailer, Used to carry passengers or property for hire or reward, Used to carry more persons than is permitted by any relevant authority or detailed in the Vehicle manual or on the Vehicle or specified in this agreement, Used to carry volatile liquids, gases, explosives or other corrosive or inflammable material
Otherwise used in breach of my obligations under this Agreement.
12. Alterations to the Vehicle: I shall not make any alterations or additions to the Vehicle without the prior written consent of Bognor Motors
13. Pets: I will not allow any animals to be carried in the Vehicle, unless otherwise agreed with Bognor Motors
13a No Smoking at any times in the vehicle or awnings
Bognor Motors authorises the use of these vehicles up to the stated number of passengers. Each person is to use the safety restraints provided at all times whilst the vehicle is in motion.
(a) I shall take all reasonable steps to properly maintain the Vehicle, including oil checks, coolant and batteries.
(b) I will be liable for any costs associated with the incorrect use of fuel. All Bognor Motors camper vans run on DIESEL. I acknowledge the charge for incorrect fuelling is £500.00 and this amount will be retained from my security deposit if required.
16. Responsibility when accidents occur
(a) In the event of any accident, loss or damage arising out of the use of the vehicle, I will
1. Notify Bognor Motors immediately or at least within 8hrs of the happening of the event
2. Obtain the names and addresses of third parties and any witnesses and report the event to the nearest police station;
3. Complete a European accident report form.
4. Not make any admission of liability to other parties, settlement offer or other like offer;
5. Assist Bognor Motors in handling any claim arising from any event, including providing all relevant information and attending Court to give evidence.
(b) I acknowledge that the excess or other amount due by me in respect of any damage arising from an accident, loss or damage is payable at the time of reporting the event and not at the completion of the rental period.
(c) I will pay for any costs relating to the delivery of a change over vehicle as a result of an accident regardless of which party is at fault.
17. Terminating the Agreement
I acknowledge that Bognor Motors limited may terminate this Agreement and repossess the Vehicle at any time, without notification to me, and that I will pay the reasonable costs of repossessing the Vehicle, including towing charges if;
(a) I am in breach of any term of this Agreement;
(b) I have obtained the Vehicle through fraud or misrepresentation;
(c) The Vehicle appears to be abandoned
(d) The Vehicle is not returned on the agreed return date or Bognor Motors reasonably believes that the Vehicle will not be returned on the agreed return date;
(e) Bognor Motors considers on reasonable grounds, that the safety of passengers or the condition of the Vehicle is in danger. I understand that in the event of such termination or repossession, I have no right to a refund of any part of the rental charges or the Security Deposit
19. Release and Indemnity of Bognor Motors Limited
(a) Subject to its obligation to deliver the Vehicle or an appropriate substitute vehicle, I release Bognor Motors Limited, its employees and agents, from any liability to me (regardless of who is at fault) for any loss or damage incurred by me by reason of this Agreement, including but not limited to:
1. Any loss or damage caused by breakdown, mechanical defect, accident or the Vehicle being unsuitable for my purpose;
2. Any loss or damage to any property left in or on the Vehicle, in any service vehicle or on any Bognor Motors premises or recovered or handled by Bognor Motors
(b) Subject to any insurance arrangements agreed with Bognor Motors, I hereby indemnify and shall keep indemnified Bognor Motors, its employees and agents against any claims, demands and expenses (including legal costs) incurred or sustained by them or any of them by reason of my use and/or possession of the Vehicle.
20. Title to Vehicle
I acknowledge that Bognor Motors retains title to the Vehicle and its contents and that I possess the goods as a mere bailee only. I do not have any right to pledge Bognor Motors credit in connection with the Vehicle and agree not to do so. I shall not agree, attempt, offer or purport to sell, assign, sublet, lend, pledge, mortgage, let on hire, or otherwise part with or attempt to part with the personal possession of or otherwise deal with the Vehicle.
21. Changes: Any changes to this agreement must be in writing and must be signed on behalf of Bognor Motors and by me.
22. Force Majeure: We will make every effort to ensure that the reserved camper van is available for you at the correct time. If, due to circumstances beyond our control, this is not possible and if an alternative or acceptable camper van is not available our liability is limited to the refunds of all monies paid by you
23. Proper Law
This agreement shall be governed by the law of Great Britain in which this agreement was signed.
24. Entire Agreement
This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement of the parties and there are no other oral undertakings, warranties or agreements between the parties relating to the subject matter of this agreement. Bognor Motors reserves the right to add or amend any rental charges without prior notice.